WordPress is a website designing tool that helps you to make a professional website or blog. There is no need to having knowledge of web designing or hiring a web designer . You can easily make a website within a few minutes. This is a Content Management System, enables multiple volunteers to develop, update and create contents on the software.
History – At a Glance
WordPress was started out as an alternative platform to b2/cafelog( a blogging software). This software was discontinued by its developers in 2003. Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little who are users of this software, build WordPress for the ease of blogging. It was built as a blogging platform initially and its first version was WordPress 0.7. Nowadays, it is used for website designing and blogging.
WordPress is beneficial for –
- Students – for their projects
- Bloggers –for sharing their work
- Entrepreneurs/ start-ups – for reaching the target audience
- Individuals – for gaining knowledge
What makes WordPress dominate this much?
- WordPress is a free and open-source* community project which is managed by volunteers across the globe. This is a Content Management System, enables multiple volunteers to develop, update and create contents on the software and help the platform to grow even more.
- This is SEO friendly. You can easily optimize your website with different keywords, meta descriptions, tags, and plug-ins*.
- WordPress is versatile designing tool. You can create and design any type of website like- a business site, a blog, a photo site, a professional corporate site, a fitness site, or a wedding site. WordPress can handle it all.
- It is a user-friendly interface. Anyone can use this and complete the work without any problems. Easy instructions and 24*7 help make you comfortable and confident to complete the work on time.
- WordPress works on all screen sizes and devices like desktops, laptops, tablets, or smartphones.
- Data privacy and security are taken as a priority in WordPress. Regular software updates make your data private and secure from any sort of hacking or virus.
- WordPress is extensible in nature. You can add custom features like- photos, forums, social media widgets, social networking, etc, with the help of plug-ins*. Around 60,000 plug-ins are available in WordPress for making your website attractive.
- WordPress is a designing tool having more than 15,000 premium themes . These can be easily chosen and installed with a single click.
What things do you need to use WordPress?
For using WordPress, you need these-
- Download – You need to download and install it from the website.
- A Domain Name – This is the address of your website. For example- ipubpro.com
- A Web Hosting setup/ Web Server – This is the specified place on the internet where your website is going to be kept and make accessible through the internet.
All these features make WordPress stand out from the crowd and much more reliable for creating and designing a website as a reflection of your identity.
(Open-source community- this is a self-governing body, managed by thousands of volunteers who keeps the same interest.
Plug-ins – this is a small piece of software, used to extend the built-in features and improves SEO of the site.)