In this digital era, a person doesn’t seem to exist if they don’t have an online presence. To the extent that they might be shunned if they don’t have a social media account. This was also the need of the hour during the Covid time. When people were supposed to work from home, and while working all day they needed some distractions in between to replenish their minds. When medicines and resources were scarce, the better online presence you had, the better your networks and more chances of your getting help, when needed. Hence the need to increase website traffic free of cost came into play.
Online marketing also took a boom during this time because all the marketing and branding happened online. One just had to tweak their adverts basis their target audience to increase website traffic free of cost.
Here are 3 key ways one can increase website traffic free of cost. The only investment needed will be your time and thought.
- Hashtags – The most common and the most widely used tool for online marketing. One just needs to put a hashtag before the word they want to market for the audience they want to attract for their blog or business and increase website traffic free of cost.
- SEO – which stands for Search Engine Optimization. As the name suggests, this includes the ways to optimize your article or advert in such a way that it appears at the top of the search engine. It involves things like knowledge of keywords and how content is created keeping these keywords in mind and how to build links and optimize them.
- Content relevancy – All of us have come across articles where the headline is so catchy that it creates a compulsion for us to click on the page and go through the article, and we end up disappointed. The title had nothing to do with what was written in the body of that article. Some users create such an article to increase their site traffic. However, the biggest drawback of such articles is that it does not encourage repeat audience.
- The content on your page needs to be memorable and simple to understand.
- It needs to be evergreen, i.e. it should be relevant to users of all age groups, and equally relevant even ten years down the line. It would be an added advantage if the content on your page is relevant across countries as well.
- The content also needs to be as new as possible. Especially in this fast-paced era, wherein by the time you come across a new technology, it has already started becoming obsolete. One needs to be ahead of the times and keep creating content that is fresh and as per current world requirements.
There could also be times when relevant content does not come in the top searches on google. This is where the role of Search Engine Optimization comes into play. It is apparent that the page owner has not leveraged their SEO knowledge to increase website traffic free of cost.
Apart from these above steps, one needs also to keep in mind that consistency matters. Irrespective of whether your content is relevant or not, or what your headline is, it is essential that you are regular on your page. Even one post per day goes a long way in increasing your audience and creating history.
Another easy way to increase your website traffic in a short time is to create contests, giveaways, and some freebies as well. People like freebies. If it’s genuine, they will come back for more and you have created a network by then.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is SEO knowledge necessary to increase website traffic?
Ans: Yes, SEO knowledge is necessary. SEO involves things like knowledge of keywords and how content is created keeping these keywords in mind and how to build links and optimize them. This is an integral part of increasing website traffic.
Q: How much time does it take to increase website traffic?
Ans: It can take two weeks to two months to increase website traffic free of cost provided SEO knowledge is leveraged.
Q: How do we use hashtags to increase website traffic?
Ans: Just put a hashtag before the word you want to use to increase website traffic free of cost.