Every big hospital consist of a biomedical department where Biomedical Engineer plays a vital role .The main challenges faced are:
A Biomedical Engineer:
- Works rotationally in 24/7 basis , as he should look into the equipment faults, if any occurs to the patients in ICU.
- Has to
- service all the equipments on monthly basis in hospitals.
- replace all the faulty equipments .
- create a checklist of all equipments.
- order new models of equipments and look for shortages.
- look after the safety measures of the inpatient wards, as there should not be any short circuits in equipments.
- Helps the house keeping department to sort out the biomedical wastes for disposal.