With every changing weather, a fresh round of insects and pests invade our home / work spaces, and if not catered to timely, they can make our lives a living hell. They can destroy our homes, gardens, patio, and wooden furniture in and around our homes. Some are so poisonous that they can cause death within 15 minutes of being stung by them. In spite of being lethal, these scavengers are important too to maintain the balance of nature.
When it comes to pests and rodents, the sooner we get rid of them, the better it is for your home and a healthy lifestyle. The philosophy of ‘prevention is better than cure’ seems more apt here because by the time one starts thinking of a cure for these creepy crawlies, immense damage has already happened. In some cases, the damage could be so lethal that it can lead to the loss of human life.
Below you will find 10 scariest pests found around the world and the pest control services one can use to get rid of them.
- Spiders – Spiders typically have 8 legs, and their body length can vary from 0.5 – 3.5 inches. In spite of their small size, they are the most feared pests in this world. Arachnophobia, also known as trauma caused by spiders, is the immense fear of spiders. The most common one is the house spider. House spiders are as scared of humans as humans are of them and run away at sight. However, their presence in a living place is usually perceived as an unkempt and untidy home since they create webs in each corner. There are more than 45000 species of spiders found the world over. The scariest one is the Australian funnel-web spiders which have a toxic venom that can lead to death, if stung. In most other cases, its sting can lead to an allergic reaction all over the body and may last as long as this venom is present in the human body. Even the creators of Spider-man took advantage of this fear and managed to create a superhero movie around it. If you don’t want to live in the fear of being stung by a spider, it is better to get rid of them by calling a pest control service.
- Ticks, Bed Bugs, and Mites – A tick is a type of mite. Though mites are usually smaller, the larger ones are known as ticks. Ticks tend to attach themselves to a surface or body and can infest there for days altogether. Bed bugs, commonly confused as ticks, can cause body itch if anyone is stung by them. Bed bugs feed on humans whereas ticks prefer to feed on animals. You can opt for a tick removal service if you suspect an infestation at your home. Termites, on the other hand, mostly look like flying ants. Termites don’t sting or bite, but they infest wood and can make them hollow from the inside resulting in a weak structure. However, if a soldier termite feels threatened, it wouldn’t shy away from a sting. It is advisable to get termite treatment done for your home before there are chances of any infestation. However, if you are not able to find out if your home or workspace is infested with termites, you can go for a termite inspection near me. Some pest control services offer termite baiting treatments as well.
- Bees and Hornets – Hornets are usually longer and slenderer than bees. Bees are vegetarian, where as hornets are carnivorous. The stings of a hornet hurts more, but it is 50 times less toxic than that of a bee. Hornets get rid of garden pests, while bees are commonly known for their honey-making skill. They are known for maintaining the nature’s balance, however, if their presence is not controlled, they can lead to an infestation as well.
- Tarantula Hawk Wasp – These are the most commonly found in the South Western states of the United States. Their sting is ranked second most painful, as per the Schmidt sting pain index. They can cause an allergic reaction in the body which can last for as long as a week. There are certain pest control companies in Kingston as well which can help you to get rid of these pests.
- Venomous puss caterpillar – These are also known as puss caterpillar, fire caterpillar, woolly slug, puss moth, etc. These are mainly found in Virginia. Their sting is like a hot knife and can cause severe swelling, rash, vomiting, fever, and state of shock. Their body hair is venomous and can cause an allergic reaction even on a slight touch.
- Ants – There are different types of ants like house ants, red ants, Carpenter ants, Killer ants, bullet Ants, Army ants, soldier ants, and more. The most painful of all ants is the Jack Jumper Ant or the Bull Dog Ant. These are the most aggressive of the species. Their venom can be fatal and may send a human into anaphylactic shock.
- Assassin Bug – These are also known as sting bugs or kissing bugs. Their sting can cause multiple organ failure, severe illness, or even death. They tend to inject their prey with a paralyzing poison, hence the name, Assassin bug.
- Titan Beetle – These are also known as the Giant beetle. They can grow up to 6.5 inches in length and are the largest beetle found mainly in the Amazon rain-forest. They have strong jaws and sharp spines. They can even break a pencil into two halves and are known to cut into the human body.
- Amazonian Giant Centipede – They can grow as long as 30 centimetres. Though they usually prey on other animals, if provoked, they can bite humans as well. Their bite can cause reactions like severe pain, swelling, and in some cases high fever that can last for days.
- Mosquitoes and Flies – Mosquitoes and flies are present in every household, all over the world. As small as they are, together, they are known to cause more than 80 diseases. They are known to spread life-threatening diseases and cause maximum human deaths. The scariest of these is the Crane flies, which are scary looking and are so large that they closely resemble a mosquito. Services like mosquito control near me can help you to get rid of them.
These are some of the pest control companies which one can opt for to get rid of these pests for good and make your household, workspace, or even the patio and garden area a safe and hygienic place for you and your family.